Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The count down begins !

  A month from today I'll be celebrating my twentieth birthday. I can barely believe that I'm not a little kid anymore. For the longest time I've felt like a child while ordering my double scoop of mint chip at Baskin Robins even though the ice cream scooper is a peer. I feel a early mid life crisis coming on. I'm beginning to realize the many responsibilities that comes with growing up and I'm a little iffy about excepting that as my reality.

In the last few months an escalation adult responsibilities became part of my life. I might not be doing everything on my own but I'm scratching the surface of independence. I started a new job working as a server here in Tempe. It's hard work but it definitely pays off on busy days. For the first time in my life I'm coming home absolutely exhausted. It makes me wonder how I'm going to do this working thing everyday until my 60's.  Luckily, I'm pretty sure I wont be a server forever but just the thought of life revolving around work makes me tired. I hope that I can find a way to have a fun and fulfilling job.  I never want to fall into that rut of an unsatisfactory life and settle.

On that note, I'm extremely excited to start school at the wonderful world of Cronkite (ASU, Cronkite school of Journalism and Mass Communication). Yes, I just made up that nick name, I think its great! School starts on Thursday. Although I might not be one hundred percent prepared, I'm ready to jump in head first and see what I can get from this semester of learning. Lets see how I handle 7:30 AM classes every other day... wish me luck on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment