Friday, August 26, 2011

Following my happiness

  A lot has been going on over the last few weeks. School started on August 18th and I've been working a little too much. The wonderful world of Cronkite is going great. I'm enrolled in five classes. So far my favorites are News writing and Italian. I was never very good at Spanish in high school but surprisingly I'm pretty darn good at Italian. The language must be programmed in me along with my love of food. News writing is a great class, I get to hone my skills in writing along with discuss current events both of which are right up my ally. The only downside to my writing class is that it is at 7:30 a.m. and that is way to early for this morning hater.
  Work has been keeping me beyond busy. I was working five days a week but now that school has started I cut my hours back to only three days. That point brings me to the title of this post, "following my happiness", a phrase I pick up somewhere a few years ago. Following your (my) happiness means that you follow your heart and make discussions based on what makes you happy, not only now but in the long run, bringing you closer to your bigger goals. This mind set brought me to Arizona. After a year of readjusting I decided to take a chance and move even farther away from home in order to attend a school that will foster my growth and help me reach my career and life goals. Along the way there were people telling me it might not be the best decision and I took their arguments into account but in the end Arizona was on my happiness road so here I am! A lot of small events have reassured me that living this way has brought me to the right place. The hard thing is holding on to that lingering feeling of knowing your on the right road when life starts to get overwhelming and an easy way out comes along. Staying focused on what you know you want is the only way to keep from wondering off the happiness road. For me that means remembering that I came here to attend a great school which offers an abundance of opportunities and resources to help me find my way.

Stay happy!

-Kat




No comments:

Post a Comment